[slime-devel] ABORT restart in OpenMCL not working

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Sat May 1 04:02:39 UTC 2004

On Sat, 1 May 2004, Luke Gorrie wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> If you fire up SLIME in OpenMCL and pull up SLDB (e.g. with (/ 1 0))
> then it seems the ABORT restart ('a') doesn't work. Invoking it seems
> to just return nil instead of aborting the evaluation.
>
> Anyone know what's up?

Maybe.  There was a bug in WITH-SIMPLE-RESTART/INVOKE-RESTART that was
introduced right around the time of the current (0.14.1-p1) release.
Bryan O'Connor provided a patch for this, but ... er, um, I seem to
have forgotten to commit it to the main CVS tree.

Bryan's fixes are finally in the main (0.14) OpenMCL CVS tree; both
WITH-SIMPLE-RESTART (in lib/macros.lisp) and INVOKE-RESTART (in
level-1/l1-error-system.lisp) need to be recompiled, as does any code
that uses WITH-SIMPLE-RESTART.

(Yes, this is a nasty bug; no, I don't know why it hasn't been reported
before; no, I'm not 100% sure that it's what's affecting SLIME, but
I strongly suspect so; yes, there should be a new OpenMCL release soon.)

Gary Byers
gb at clozure.com