[slime-devel] Re: Tab behavior in REPL buffers

Peter Seibel peter at javamonkey.com
Sun Mar 28 22:03:40 UTC 2004

Helmut Eller <e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at> writes:

> Peter Seibel <peter at javamonkey.com> writes:
>
>> Should I just remap TAB myself or does anyone else find the current
>> behavior annoying and perhaps worth changing?
>
> I changed the TAB command, so that it first indents the current
> line. If indenting doesn't move the cursor, it performs symbol
> completion. Is that better?

Yes, much better, thanks.

That said, I'm still a bit bothered by the typeout window popping up
for the expansions. For some reason or another on my iBook it takes
over the whole frame and there's no way to kill it short of without
C-x k or several other keystrokes to pick out the right symbol. I'd
much rather have the completion work in place, more like
dabbrev-expand.

However, I'm not really complaining about that as I have spent zero
time looking into how this actually works to see if I can get it to do
what I want by simple configuration or with a patch. One of these days
my annoyance- and free-time curves will intersect and I'll look into
programming the behavior I think I want in order to see if it actually
is better.

-Peter

Peter Seibel                                      peter at javamonkey.com