[slime-devel] Re: [slime-cvs] CVS update: slime/HACKING

James A. Crippen james at unlambda.com
Fri Mar 26 02:47:47 UTC 2004

Luke Gorrie <lgorrie at common-lisp.net> writes:

> Helmut Eller <heller at common-lisp.net> writes:
>
> > +If you would like to send us improvements you can create a patch with
> > +C-x v = in the buffer or with 'diff -c'.  You can also include a
> > +ChangeLog entry describing your change.
>
> Hey, I can't read 'diff -c'! But I'm willing to learn if you can cite
> some virtues :-)

It's 'Context diff' and is very similar to 'Unified diff', ie 'diff
-u'. Instead of having separate old and new sections they're just
annotated by '+' and '-' in the first column. I find them much easier
to read.

'james

--
James A. Crippen <james at unlambda.com> Lambda Unlimited
61.2204N, 149.8964W                      Recursion 'R' Us