[slime-devel] possible bug in SLIME/Lispworks

Bjørn Nordbø bn at telenor.net
Wed Mar 24 10:11:51 UTC 2004

Helmut Eller wrote:
> Bjørn Nordbø <bn at telenor.net> writes:
> >
> >   How do I set a breakpoint for SLDB in a source fragment (ie. what
> >   do I use instead of break)?
>
> You could use INVOKE-DEBUGGER, which hopefully doesn't rebind the
> debugger hook :-).  Alternatively you can add a method to
> ENV-INTERNALS:ENVIRONMENT-DISPLAY-NOTIFIER.  E.g. you could add

Another solution, I found, was to call (SWANK::SIMPLE-BREAK).  As
it is only used for debugging, I probably won't be condemned to
heck for doing this..

However, I noticed your patch in the ChangeLog and now BREAK does
what I want.  Thank you very much! :-)

>   (defmethod env-internals:environment-display-notifier
>       (env &key restarts condition)
>     (swank::swank-debugger-hook condition nil))
>
> to your ~/.swank.lisp.  I added something like this in the CVS
> version.  It is also possible to override the Lispworks window
> debugger by specializing the env argument.

That is probably cool, but I wouldn't know as I have never used
the Lispworks GUI environment.

Bjørn