[slime-devel] Re: Tab completion bug?

Zach Beane xach at xach.com
Tue Mar 23 14:09:45 UTC 2004

Dirk Gerrits <dirk at dirkgerrits.com> writes:

> Ah I see. But why "multiple-value|-" instead of "multiple-value|"?
> That would make typing both MULTIPLE-VALUE-BIND and
> MULTIPLE-VALUES-LIST easier.

The completion treats the dashes as a kind of template, and completes
individual words in the template as much as possible before moving to
the first ambiguous point. I like the behavior, but yeah, it's a bit
lossy for MULTIPLE-VALUE-BIND (one of the most frequently used
unwieldy symbols).

(BTW, I had the name of the other symbol wrong, it's MULTIPLE-VALUES-LIMIT.)

Zach