[slime-devel] readtable-case :invert

Thomas F. Burdick tfb at OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Tue Mar 16 18:25:38 UTC 2004

Helmut Eller writes:

 > It's not entirely obvious to me what inverted-case friendly completion
 > means, so here some questions.  Assume we have the symbols foo, Foo,
 > FOO and FLOAT.  What are the preferred expansions for f?

I think the answer would be the same for both case-preserving modes
(:invert and :preserve): to complete only to the symbols that match
casewise, too.  So, for :invert, it would be:

  f => foo (symbol-name "FOO"), float (symbol-name "FLOAT")
  F => FOO (symbol-name "foo"), Foo (sybol-name "Foo")