[slime-devel] readtable-case :invert

Thomas F. Burdick tfb at OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Mon Mar 15 19:58:33 UTC 2004

I've been using SBCL with a copy of SLIME that I checked out on March 4.
I was quite happy to see that when I evaluated

   (setf (readtable-case *readtable*) :invert)

SLIME didn't die.  However, there are some weird bits, especially
symbol completion, which seems to work for oneword symbols, but not
multi-word-symbols.  I've slowly come to the realization that I'm one
of only a few Lispers who regularly works with case-inverted
readtables, so I'm guessing not much thought has been put into this
question.  For you all who know the insides of SLIME, I'm wondering if
it would be much work to get SLIME to be inverted-case freindly, or if
a couple well-placed WITH-STANDARD-IO-SYNTAX's would do it.

[ A 5-second summary of inverted readtable-case, in case you were
  headed for the CLHS:

   (setf (readtable-case *readtable*) :invert)
   (string 'foo) => "FOO"
   (string 'FOO) => "foo"
   (string 'Foo) => "Foo"
]