[slime-devel] Re: Recursive edit?

Michael Livshin usenet at cmm.kakpryg.net
Sun Mar 14 23:11:53 UTC 2004

Zach Beane <xach at xach.com> writes:

> Peter Seibel <peter at javamonkey.com> writes:
>
>> Recently SLIME has started asking me a lot if I want to enter a
>> recursive edit whenever it enters the debugger. If I say n it freezes
>> until I C-g out. If I say y it seems okay. What's that all about?
>
> When I had this problem it turned out to be a stale .elc file. Zapping
> slime.elc did the trick to fix it.

I just don't byte-compile SLIME at all (or, for that matter, any
third-party Emacs software, unless it refuses to work without
undergoing a "make install" that byte-compiles it in the process).

never had any perceivable performance problems because of this.
interpreted elisp is just Fast Enough.

just a useless thought,
--m

--
Every program is a part of some other program and rarely fits.
                -- Alan Perlis