[slime-devel] Re: Bug in arglist display for unknown functions.

Ivan Boldyrev boldyrev+nospam at cgitftp.uiggm.nsc.ru
Sat Mar 13 14:03:40 UTC 2004

On 8682 day of my life Helmut Eller wrote:
> Ivan Boldyrev <boldyrev+nospam at cgitftp.uiggm.nsc.ru> writes:
>
> [snip]
>> If symbol exists, but is not function, error message is different:
>>
>> (INTEGER -- Error in KERNEL:%COERCE-TO-FUNCTION:  the function INTEGER is undefined.)
>
> What would you like to see instead?  Nothing?  "<not available>"?

Displaying nothing is OK for me. :)

But error messages during normal edit (especially long: two-line
messages in minibuffer forces Emacs to resize one of other buffers and
it is little pausing) are annoing.

Recognizing Common Lisp structures (as Christophe Rhodes suggest)
would be fine, but there are probably least important things to do :)

--
Ivan Boldyrev

                               Onions have layers.  Unix has layers too.