[slime-devel] Package split

Raymond Wiker Raymond.Wiker at fast.no
Tue Mar 9 13:37:24 UTC 2004

Helmut Eller writes:

 > I just merged my package-split branch into the main trunk.  We have
 > now a new package SWANK-BACKEND.  It is basically stand-alone and
 > doesn't need the rest of SWANK.  Of course, SWANK calls functions in
 > the backend.  I moved some functionality like handling of restarts and
 > a lot symbol-to-string conversion to swank.lisp.  The load order is
 > now:
 >
 >  swank-loader, swank-backend, swank-[cmucl,sbcl...], swank
 >
 > This means, we could define macros in the backend and use them in
 > SWANK.
 >
 > I tested a bit with my usual implementations.  I added the necessary
 > changes for OpenMCL, but don't know if they actually work. Feedback
 > welcome.

        Doesn't seem to work for sbcl 0.8.8.3 under FreeBSD - I'm
getting load errors for swank-source-path-parser. I also saw
references to "unknown package SWANK", so I'm guessing that the
compile/load order is wrong for SBCL.

Raymond Wiker                        Mail:  Raymond.Wiker at fast.no
Senior Software Engineer             Web:   http://www.fast.no/
Fast Search & Transfer ASA           Phone: +47 23 01 11 60
P.O. Box 1677 Vika                   Fax:   +47 35 54 87 99
NO-0120 Oslo, NORWAY                 Mob:   +47 48 01 11 60

Try FAST Search: http://alltheweb.com/