[slime-devel] Native Win32 XEmacs w/ cygwin CLisp

Helmut Eller e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Mar 8 07:41:59 UTC 2004

49gu4n502 at sneakemail.com writes:

> After only a little searching, I found
> slime-translate-to-lisp-filename-function, and now I define it as
> follows during XEmacs initialization:

I think you are the first person who actually uses this feature.  I'm
surprised it worked so well for you :-)

> However, I have found and fixed two places in slime.el that weren't
> calling this function. These two changes allow me to get to REPL. The
> functions that I changed are slime-maybe-start-lisp and
> slime-start-swank-server. Here's output from cvs diff:

Good catch!  I applied the patches.

> (If there's a better format I can use for showing changes, please tell
> me how to get it.)

I like patches generated with "diff -c -F^(.*", but I think this only
works with GNU diff.  "diff -u" is also easy to read.
Oh, and I like it when people use a somewhat less anonymous email
address than you did, so that I can give proper credit in the ChangeLog.

> Nice code, by the way, it only took a little guesswork to find the
> hook for translating file names. Very different from my ILisp
> experience.

Thank you for the feedback.