[slime-devel] Re: swank:frame-locals

Jan Rychter jan at rychter.com
Sat Mar 6 20:22:26 UTC 2004

>>>>> "Marco" == Marco Baringer <mb at bese.it> writes:
[...]
 Marco> is this ok or is it important that slime remain concentrated on
 Marco> being an emacs interface and not a general common lisp
 Marco> implementation abstraction layer? This particular change would
 Marco> be rather trivial but I can see this being the start of a road
 Marco> slime may not want to take.

 Marco> [1] - i'm pretty sure i'm not the only person using slime
 Marco> without emacs, but i can't remeber who it was who said they were
 Marco> also doing this.

You are definitely not the only one thinking of using SLIME (or parts of
it) as a general-purpose tool. I am thinking of using it for moving some
of the stuff I'd normally write in Emacs Lisp into CL. Instead of
developing my own (buggy) fancy interface, I can simply use what SLIME
offers.

--J.