[slime-devel] SLIME adding its own layer of confusion to error messages

Helmut Eller e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Mar 5 07:40:46 UTC 2004

Peter Seibel <peter at javamonkey.com> writes:

> If we look at the backtrace around lines 5 and 6 we see that the real
> problem was a NO-APPLICABLE-METHOD which is somehow causing SWANK to
> pass my object to SWANK:PATHNAME-AS-DIRECTORY. Anyone know what that's
> about. This is with Allegro, FWIW.

All this is very strange.  There is no symbol PATHNAME-AS-DIRECTORY in
the SWANK package.  It's in the CL package, but we don't shadow it.
And we never (directly) call PATHNAME-AS-DIRECTORY or PATHNAME.

Do you add methods to NO-APPLICABLE-METHOD in your code?  I noticed
that NO-APPLICABLE-METHOD is a bit quirky in Allegro5.  Is this fixed
in newer versions?