[slime-devel] Using SLIME with ACL on Win2000

Helmut Eller e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Mar 3 09:02:18 UTC 2004

Bill_Clementson at peoplesoft.com writes:

> I've just recently tried out SLIME on Windows and think it's really neat.
> (I posted a comment on my weblog a few days ago at:
> http://home.comcast.net/~bc19191/blog/040229.html )

Thank you for the kind words in the article.  We should probably make
a link from our Cliki pages.

[snip]

> (load "c:/usr/home/site/slime/swank-loader.lisp")
> (swank::create-swank-server 4005)
>
>    Is this typical or is there some better approach?

The normal way to start Lisp is M-x slime.  Is there a reason you
can't use that?

[snip]

> Is there some alternative way to connect to an already started lisp process
> or am I just doing something wrong?

We used to close the server socket when the connection was
established.  The latest version has a DONT-CLOSE argument and you
should now be able to reconnect if you start it with:

 (swank:create-swank-server 4005 :spawn #'swank::simple-announce-function t)

[I will probably switch to keyword arguments in the future or add a
new function]

And in case it wasn't obvious, there should never be a need to
disconnect.  That would be is a bug and I'd like hear about it.