[slime-devel] Interactive compile loses DSPEC info

Alain.Picard at memetrics.com Alain.Picard at memetrics.com
Mon Mar 1 22:32:15 UTC 2004

Helmut Eller writes:
 > Alain.Picard at memetrics.com writes:
 >
 > > I'm wondering (off the top of my head) if it would  work
 > > to wrap the form being compiled
 > > into a
 > > (at-location (path which slime/emacs knows we got this form from)
 > >   from)
 > >
 > > ?
 >
 > This doesn't seem to work:
 >
 >   (dspec:at-location (:emacs-buffer) (defun foo ()))
 >   (dspec:name-definition-locations '(function) 'foo)
 >
 > Returns nothing particularly useful.

Yeah, I noticed.  :-(

 > In newest version, I tried to patch the recorded source info, basically
 > by groveling through the hashtable returned by

 SNIP

 > Let's see how it works.

I'll give it a bash.

On a somewhat tangential topic; I have a support contract with
Xanalys, and have a number of "incident reports" which are of
the "use 'em or lose 'em" nature.  I would be willing to spend
1 or 2 of them on issues related to getting slime better integrated
with Lispworks.

If you (or anyone else) can specify to me _exactly_ what would be
neat/required to get some missing features implemented, I could see
what I could do about getting some patches and/or code from Xanalys.

Since I don't have much time to actually code for SLIME, you can
consider this my modest contribution.  :-)

BTW--- THANK YOU to you and all other uber-cool slime developers.
In just a few months, it's turned into a very pleasant developing
environment.

							--ap