[slime-devel] The 1.0-alpha plan

Luke Gorrie luke at bluetail.com
Tue Jun 29 22:12:54 UTC 2004

Ahoy,

I checked in a mkdist.sh shell script for creating a distribution. I
made a "fake" release called 1.0alpha0 with it here:

  http://www.bluetail.com/~luke/misc/lisp/slime-1.0alpha0.tar.gz

That's not a real release for distribution, just an example to see if
we're missing anything.

Two things that I know need doing before releasing an alpha tarball:

  Update the manual a bit - I'm on it.

  Write release notes. I've made a start in the NEWS file. It would be
  great if people could contribute notes about our ACL/CLISP/ABCL
  backends, and anything important I've missed about the others
  (e.g. what's the oldest LispWorks what we actually work with?)

Is there anything else? If not, I was thinking of making an alpha1
tarball tomorrow or the next day and releasing it.

-Luke