[slime-devel] New keybindings for documentation commands

Luke Gorrie luke at bluetail.com
Mon Jun 28 21:13:58 UTC 2004

Ahoy,

As previously discussed the documentation commands have now been
grouped under a `C-c C-d' prefix. The commands are:

  a - apropos
  p - apropos-package
  z - apropos-all
  d - describe-symbol
  f - describe-function
  h - hyperspec lookup
  ~ - hyperspec lookup of a format character

The final keystroke is bound both unmodified and with control, so both
`C-c C-d a' and `C-c C-d C-a' will make an apropos search. The
exception is hyperspec-lookup, because it's nice to leave C-h unbound
so that `C-c C-d C-h' will summarise the documentation bindings.

The old bindings are removed. This has the nice effect that `C-c C-h'
in a slime-mode buffer will now summarise the slime keybindings. It
also shows that there are still two inf-lisp commands that we aren't
currently clobbering, on `C-c C-a' and `C-c C-v'.

Anyone want to fight over these bindings? I think we should have a
bloody and decisive final keybinding war now and then make a 1.0-alpha
release later this week.

Cheers,
Luke