[slime-devel] Coding system oddities

Lennart Staflin lenst at lysator.liu.se
Mon Jun 28 08:46:01 UTC 2004

Hello,
I'm running slime on Mac OS X, with current (CVS) Emacs and openmcl. I
tend to use Latin-1 coding for files, and the keyboard generates
latin-1. In slime repl I get this (slightly edited for clairty):

CL-USER> (print "Åhej")

"\305hej"
"Åhej"

It seems that the coding system emacs uses for the printed output is
another then used for the main slime interaction. Changing coding
system for the output stream seems to confirm this:

(set-process-coding-system (get-process "*lisp-output-stream*")
'latin-1 'latin-1)

After that the above example gives:

(print "Åhej")

"Åhej"