[slime-devel] Re: Allegro 6.2 problem

Luke Gorrie luke at bluetail.com
Thu Jun 24 09:02:08 UTC 2004

Peter Seibel <peter at javamonkey.com> writes:

> CL-USER> (compile-file "test-debug.lisp")
> Error: Received signal number 11 (Segmentation violation)
>   [condition type: SYNCHRONOUS-OPERATING-SYSTEM-SIGNAL]
>
> Restart actions (select using :continue):
>  0: Prompt for a different filename to compile
>  1: Abort handling SLIME request.
>  2: Abort entirely from this process.
> [Current process: repl-thread]
> [1] CL-USER(1):
>
> Typing Allegro commands (e.g. :cont 1) doesn't seem to do anything.
> C-c C-c gets me into sldb where I can use one of the ABORT restarts to
> get back to the main REPL. But this seems wrong.

I find it troubling that so many simple errors like this cause SIGSEGV
in ACL, but that's another story.

Can you try again from CVS? From the ChangeLog I think that Brian
Downing has probably fixed this.

Another issue is that it hits the TTY debugger instead of
SLDB. Perhaps Franz have a different *debugger-hook*'alike for (some)
signals? If so we might want to optionally SLDB'ify it.

P.S., Franz have come through with a couple of ACL licenses for us,
and Kevin Layer of Franz has also looked over swank-allegro.lisp and
offered to answer questions. (Thanks!)

-Luke