[slime-devel] Design question

Peter Seibel peter at javamonkey.com
Wed Jun 23 03:58:03 UTC 2004

So to make up for my dumb question before (which I see is answered in
the ChangeLog) I'm working on adding a feature to SLIME--I want to
highlight frames in the debugger for which there is source. (I'm
thinking of adding a key to toggle hiding and showing frames for which
source is not available.) So here's my question--my first crack at it
was to do this entirely in Emacs--when I'm inserting frames I call
swank:frame-source-location-for-emacs for each frame and use a
different face if the result contains :location. However if it occurs
to me it might be more efficient to simply grab the source information
along with the rest of the stack trace in debugger-info-for-emacs,
i.e. instead of sending back a (number description) tuple for each
stack frame, send back (number description source-location). Any
thoughts on why that would be a bad way to go?

-Peter

Peter Seibel                                      peter at javamonkey.com