[slime-devel] SLIME User Survey

Alain.Picard at memetrics.com Alain.Picard at memetrics.com
Mon Jun 21 01:00:11 UTC 2004

Luke Gorrie writes:

 > Which Lisp versions do you use SLIME with?

Lispworks Professional edition, Both Linux and
(a colleague) windows.  He has considerable
less success with it than I do.

 > Which Emacs versions?

GNU emacs-version's value is "21.3.1", off debian testing.

 > How well does SLIME work for you?

Very nicely; I'd say it's 90% there.  Of course, the last
10% of the features always take 90% of the time.

 > What bugs (reproducible or otherwise) or missing features annoy you?
Not many left; I think this is better left to bug-specific messages
on the list than to a survey.

 > Is there some packaging system (e.g. Debian) that you would like to
 > see SLIME 1.0 bundled with? If so, do you know how to coordinate this?

I'm pretty doing CVS update every couple of days,
at the moment.  In the long run, yes,
# apt-get install slime
would be nice.    Kevin Rosenberg knows how to coordinate this.

 > If you said anything negative above then please say something nice
 > here to make us feel good:

Slime is the absolute best and coolest project, run the the most
helpful and clueful developers I have ever had the fortune to meet.

It sure wipes the floor with ILISP, at any rate.  :-)