[slime-devel] SLIME User Survey

Robert Lehr bozzio at the-lehrs.com
Fri Jun 18 20:03:24 UTC 2004

On Fri, Jun 18, 2004 at 03:58:45PM +0200, Luke Gorrie wrote:
> If the ALU can do it then so can we :-). It would be nice to get some
> feedback to understand which backends are getting the most/least usage
> and which ones are flaky.
>
> So if you are an active SLIME user and you have a moment then please
>
> Questions:
>
> Which Lisp versions do you use SLIME with?

cmucl

> Which Emacs versions?

emacs 21.2.1, rh rpm

> How well does SLIME work for you?

much more useful than ilisp.  especially the remote connections and
multiple connections.

> What bugs (reproducible or otherwise) or missing features annoy you?

no problems aside from the swank-backend (patched) and the "bad file
descriptor" (fixed),

> Is there some packaging system (e.g. Debian) that you would like to
> see SLIME 1.0 bundled with? If so, do you know how to coordinate this?

rpm.  i packaged the cvs myself.  you can have the spec file if you want it.

> If you said anything negative above then please say something nice
> here to make us feel good:

very useful.  nice tight UI.

--

Robert Lehr