[slime-devel] Re: Towards 1.0?

Dan Pierson dlp at itasoftware.com
Fri Jun 18 13:35:33 UTC 2004

Luke Gorrie wrote:
> Raymond Toy also suggested we shouldn't be too quick to drop CMU18e
> support, since 19a will want some field testing before it's considered
> "the right stuff". But 19a won't be out by end of June anyway, but
> probably will by August. I would love to delete the 18e-compat code
> but I think we should wait until (immediately) after 1.0.

I know this is a little early to start worrying about post 1.0 stuff,
but please don't be too eager to dump 18e support.  I'm just starting
tot propagate SLIME around here and since we use our own version of 18e
it'll take a while for us to upgrade.  I'm sure there are other shops
with similar problems.

Dan Pierson, ITA Software