[slime-devel] Re: Towards 1.0?

Peter Seibel peter at javamonkey.com
Thu Jun 17 19:16:17 UTC 2004

Luke Gorrie <luke at bluetail.com> writes:

> Helmut Eller <e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at> writes:
>
>> Which versions of the various Lisp to we want to support?  The latest
>> released version in June?
>
> That would be nice, but I think we should keep the backwards
> compatibility that we have if people are need it. We're testing with
> ACL5.0 so we should stay compatible with that if possible, and I think
> people are using older LispWorksen out of necessity (please confirm!).

I assume you mean that's the oldest ACL you're testing with, not the
only one? I'll almost certainly be using (and shipping trial versions
of) some fairly recent version of Allegro with my book. Also, are
there any issues with Allegro that might benefit from some contact
with folks at Franz--I'm not saying I have a lot of pull over there
but they are helping me with the book so if there's anything they
could do to make SLIME work better on Allegro I might be able to talk
to someone.

-Peter

Peter Seibel                                      peter at javamonkey.com