[slime-devel] Re: Slime?

Helmut Eller e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Jun 16 20:48:25 UTC 2004

Luke Gorrie <luke at bluetail.com> writes:

>> 1. s, sldb-step does not work AND causes the connection to
>> be dropped
>
> I've disabled the step command in the Elisp end. It doesn't seem to be
> implemented by any backend, nor have an interface definition. (Anyone
> know the history?)

sldb-step was lost during the Great Package Split.  It's only
implemented for CMUCL and it is very simple.  I re-enabled it; perhaps
someone has a some good ideas to improve it.  It would be probably be
nicer if the source location would be highlighted immediately after
hitting a breakpoint (like in gdb) and not only after pressing v.

>> 3. l sort of hangs the process but Ctrl-g get it out of the
>>    state.
>
> I don't have ACL installed to test this. Anyone?

This bug should be fixed in CVS.  with-temp-buffer was used without a
suitable value for slime-current-thread.

>> 4. Esc (Meta) - . does not work

M-. seems to work here.

>> 5. Get a "broken Allegro process" on exit from Emacs:
>>
>> ;; [eof encountered on stream
>>     #<MULTIVALENT stream socket connected from localhost/4005 to
>>       localhost/3809 @ #x206738f2>]
>
> Anyone able to investigate?

Not sure if this is a serious bug.  The reader-thread just terminates;
the other threads are still there tough.

> I'm not wild about ACL's licensing mechanism and would prefer not to
> install it on my computer.

FWIW, Allegro 5 has a different license (no email every month) and can
be downloaded from ftp://ftp.franz.com./pub/linux/acl50/.