[slime-devel] AllegroCL: Problems with COMPILE-FILE

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Wed Jun 16 12:49:31 UTC 2004

Hi!

While loading and partly recompiling a system from within SLIME I came
across the following error (in the *slime-repl* buffer):

  ; While compiling FILL-PAGE:
  Warning: Variable *LOG-NAME* is never used.
  Error: Received signal number 11 (Segmentation violation)
    [condition type: SYNCHRONOUS-OPERATING-SYSTEM-SIGNAL]

  Restart actions (select using :continue):
   0: retry the compilation of /home/edi/prodata/html-fill.lisp
   1: continue compiling /home/edi/prodata/html-fill.lisp but generate no output file
   2: Retry performing #<ASDF:COMPILE-OP NIL @ #x7154e1a2> on #<ASDF:CL-SOURCE-FILE "html-fill" @ #x715878aa>.
   3: Continue, treating #<ASDF:COMPILE-OP NIL @ #x7154e1a2> on #<ASDF:CL-SOURCE-FILE "html-fill" @ #x715878aa> as having been successful.
   4: Abort SLIME compilation.
   5: Abort handling SLIME request.
   6: Abort entirely from this (lisp) process.
  [Current process: repl-thread]
  [1] CL-USER(1):
  CL-USER>

It turned out I had forgotten a closing parenthesis at the end of one
form. If I do the same thing from the command line it looks like this:

  ; While compiling FILL-PAGE:
  Warning: Variable *LOG-NAME* is never used.
  Error: eof encountered on stream
         #<EXCL:FILE-SIMPLE-STREAM
           #p"/home/edi/prodata/html-fill.lisp" for input pos 22368 @
           #x722e3de2>
         starting at position 1712.
    [condition type: END-OF-FILE]

  Restart actions (select using :continue):
   0: retry the compilation of /home/edi/prodata/html-fill.lisp
   1: continue compiling /home/edi/prodata/html-fill.lisp but generate no
      output file
   2: Retry performing #<ASDF:COMPILE-OP NIL @ #x7148e20a> on
      #<ASDF:CL-SOURCE-FILE "html-fill" @ #x71495c5a>.
   3: Continue, treating #<ASDF:COMPILE-OP NIL @ #x7148e20a> on
      #<ASDF:CL-SOURCE-FILE "html-fill" @ #x71495c5a> as having been
      successful.
   4: Return to Top Level (an "abort" restart).
   5: Abort entirely from this (lisp) process.

  [changing package from "COMMON-LISP-USER" to "PRODATA"]
  [1] PRODATA(2):

Any idea why SLIME behaves like this?

[Allegro 7.0 beta on Linux, GNU Emacs 21.3, SLIME from CVS.]

Cheers,
Edi.