[slime-devel] Re: sbcl sources support

Christophe Rhodes csr21 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Jun 9 21:22:05 UTC 2004

Helmut Eller <e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at> writes:

> Just a quick question.  For SBCL hacking, wouldn't it be enough to set
> the global readtable manually?  and perhaps advicing find-package?

If that's all you're doing, probably.  (FIND-PACKAGE certainly needs
to be advised somehow, or else nicknames need to be added to the
existing packages).  I don't know how much you are willing to cater
for the possibility of people working on more than just sbcl in the
same slime session, though -- consider the possible confusing bug
reports (though this of course cuts both ways...)

Cheers,

Christophe