[slime-devel] indent and autocomplete

Helmut Eller e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Jun 9 20:39:13 UTC 2004

Eric Blood <eblood at winkywooster.org> writes:

> The attached patch creates the option of having the naked Tab key do
> both indent and autocomplete as it currently does in the repl.  I
> moved and renamed slime-repl-indent-and-complete-symbol to
> slime-indent-and-complete-symbol since it is not repl specific.
>
> Also, I have added more default options for the typeout
> frame--specifically it now has a default width, and moves the typeout
> frame to the upper right.

Thank you for the patch.

I don't like to change the binding for TAB.  It would be irritating
for me, because the behavior would be different in Emacs Lisp
buffers.  I also heard that some people prefer M-TAB for completion in
the REPL buffer, because it works consistently everywhere.  I only
changed the name to slime-indent-and-complete-symbol; rebinding TAB to
that function is as easy as setting slime-tab-indent-and-complete-p,
so I decided to leave the variable out.