[slime-devel] abcl

Andras Simon andras at renyi.hu
Tue Jun 8 23:07:27 UTC 2004

While the list was sleeping, I adapted Helmut's allegro backend for abcl. It
is not quite ready for prime time, but is somewhat usable. Actually, it's
already at version 2 (or should I say 0.02): originally, I had to patch
swank.lisp, but thanks to Peter Graves, who tracked down pretty printing bugs
in abcl, this is no longer necessary. Nevertheless, it's probably too early to
include it in the official slime sources, but I thought I'd let you know about
it anyway. It's temporarily available here:

http://www.math.bme.hu/~asimon/slime-abcl.tgz

The tar file includes swank-loader.lisp (so back up yours if you untar it in
the slime directory) and swank-abcl.lisp. It doesn't work with the latest
abcl release, only with the cvs version. (In fact, it's probably better to
wait a few hours until anon cvs at sourceforge picks up the latest sources.)

Andras