[slime-devel] error messages after setting swank:*use-dedicated-output-stream* nil

Sung-youn Kim sung-youn.kim at stonybrook.edu
Tue Jun 8 20:04:52 UTC 2004

Hi, all.

With multiple lisp processes, I had a problem with ouput stream
directed to wrong repl. With advices from one of maintainers of SLIME
(sorry, I do not remember his name, only nickname), I set
swank:*use-dedicated-output-stream* nil.

I then have got the following error messages upon invoking slime.

; Compilation unit finished.
;   7 warnings

Warning:  These Swank interfaces are unimplemented:
 (RESTART-FRAME RETURN-FROM-FRAME WHO-MACROEXPANDS WHO-SPECIALIZES)
* ;; Swank started at port: 47088.
; Adding fd handler: 5

47088
* ; Adding input handler: 6

Error in function COMMON-LISP::HANDLER-DESCRIPTORS-ERROR:
   (#<Handler for INPUT on BOGUS descriptor 5: #<Closure Over Function "DEFIMPLEMENTATION ADD-FD-HANDLER"
                                                 {48980661}>>) has a bad file descriptor.

Restarts:
  0: [REMOVE-THEM] Remove bogus handlers.
  1: [RETRY-THEM ] Retry bogus handlers.
  2: [CONTINUE   ] Go on, leaving handlers marked as bogus.
  3: [ABORT      ] Return to Top-Level.

Debug  (type H for help)

(COMMON-LISP::HANDLER-DESCRIPTORS-ERROR)
Source:
; File: target:code/serve-event.lisp
(RESTART-CASE
 (ERROR "~S ~[have~;has a~:;have~] bad file descriptor~:P."
        BOGUS-HANDLERS
        (LENGTH BOGUS-HANDLERS))
 (REMOVE-THEM NIL :REPORT "Remove bogus handlers."
  (SETF *DESCRIPTOR-HANDLERS* #))
 (RETRY-THEM NIL :REPORT "Retry bogus handlers." (DOLIST # #))
 (CONTINUE NIL :REPORT "Go on, leaving handlers marked as bogus."))
0]

After aborting and running my model, the output stream problem seems
to be solved but a similar problem as the above occurred during the
model run.

Any suggestions?

--
Sung-youn Kim

Political Science Dept.
Stony Brook University (SUNY at Stony Brook)
Office : 631-632-7664
Web : http://www.ic.sunysb.edu/stu/sungyoki