[slime-devel] Re: Daily ChangeLog diff

Helmut Eller e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Jul 30 21:10:51 UTC 2004

Luke Gorrie <luke at bluetail.com> writes:

> Welcome back!

Ahoy!

> We should probably do the "beta" release soon, I was thinking
> sundayish.

Yes, we should.

> I've nearly finished fixing all the bugs I introduced in
> last weekend's overzealous "refactoring" :-)

Nice work; especially the comments.

> Any thoughts?

I've sort of a plan to make output redirection a bit more general.
The basic idea is to associate a Lisp stream with an Emacs marker.
Redirecting the output to the current buffer, e.g for C-u C-x C-e,
would then be easy to implement: just set the buffer of the marker
properly.  I also hope that this could make the REPL code a bit
simpler.  I'll give this idea try but will not commit it before the
beta is out.