[slime-devel] Re: Symbol completion broken (CLISP)

Luke Gorrie luke at bluetail.com
Thu Jul 22 16:55:33 UTC 2004

Steven E. Harris <seh at panix.com> writes:

> Using CLISP with SLIME updated from CVS as of 21 June 2004, symbol
> completion coaxed by M-Tab (`slime-complete-symbol') no longer
> produces anything useful.

Aha! You've just answered my question in the ChangeLog:

	(carefully-find-package): Now returns NIL if package can't be
	determined, rather than *BUFFER-PACKAGE*. Correct? I didn't see
	why it should return *BUFFER-PACKAGE*.

.. and the answer is that if it doesn't do that then completion won't
work in buffers with no IN-PACKAGE form.

Fixed now!