[slime-devel] Really slow to interrupt in Allegro 6.2

Peter Seibel peter at javamonkey.com
Tue Jul 20 05:06:48 UTC 2004

So when I use C-c C-c (slime-interrupt) to try to interrupt a
long-running computation in SLIME it sometimes takes a really long
time (order 10-60 seconds) before the debugger pops up. I've also
noticed that if I do something that generates an error that will
contain a lot of output (such as saying (boundp *y*) instead of
(boundp '*y*) when *y* is list of several thousand standard-objects)
then it also takes a really long time for the debugger to come up. I'm
running Allegro 6.2 on GNU/Linux. Haven't had a chance to try this out
in other Lisps but thought I'd throw it out there in case anyone has
seen a similar thing or has any ideas how to speed things up.

-Peter

Peter Seibel                                      peter at javamonkey.com