[slime-devel] Re: Compilation errors and warnings in Allegro?

Luke Gorrie luke at bluetail.com
Mon Jul 19 14:26:05 UTC 2004

Peter Seibel <peter at javamonkey.com> writes:

> So it seems that when I compile in Allegro I don't get the fancy
> outline view of errors and warnings that I get in SBCL. Is there a
> deep reason for that or just a SMOP? If the latter, roughly what needs
> to be done?

The support is there, this is just a UI thing.

Usually we only display that buffer if there were compiler messages
that lacked source information -- since we don't annotate them in the
source we need to show them somewhere.

You can customize `slime-compilation-finished-hook' to choose whether
to always/never/sometimes get that buffer. You can also pull it up
explicitly with `M-x slime-list-compiler-notes' to see the notes from
the most recent compilation.

I've redone the customization groups to include more variables and
have a tree-structure now. I also did documentation/cleanup of the
first 2000 lines of slime.el and would appreciate feedback (from
anyone) on whether it makes things clearer.

Cheers,
Luke