[slime-devel] Re: Tests fail on packages.

Dirk Gerrits dirk at dirkgerrits.com
Sat Jul 17 00:10:20 UTC 2004

Peter Seibel <peter at javamonkey.com> writes:

> Okay I fixed one of the two unexepected failures and the other failure
> went away by magic. So we're back to only 5 failures, all expected,
> under Allegro 6.2.

Nice!  Under CMUCL 18e I still get this one though:

* arglist
** input: (swank:start-server (swank:start-server port-file &optional (style *communication-style*) dont-close))
At the top level (no debugging or pending RPCs)
FAILED: Argument list is as expected:
expected: ["(swank:start-server port-file &optional (style *communication-style*) dont-close)"]
  actual: ["(swank:start-server port-file &optional (style *communication-style*)
 dont-close)"]
At the top level (no debugging or pending RPCs)

Not really critical, but it prevents me from getting that 'all tests
passed'. ;)

Luke Gorrie <luke at bluetail.com> writes:

> I get the feeling that effort we put into the test suite now as we
> approach 1.0 will really pay off.

Just an idea, not sure if it's feasible, but perhaps it might be nice to
have a daily/weekly/whateverly report of actual versus expected failures
for all supported implementations sent to the list, just like the daily
changelog diff.

Regards,

Dirk Gerrits