[slime-devel] Hyperspec lookups with w3m in Slime

Björn Lindberg d95-bli at nada.kth.se
Thu Jul 15 14:00:21 UTC 2004

Not directly related to Slime, but hopefully someone can help me
still...

I get Hyperspec lookup inside of Slime, by setting
browse-url-browser-function to w3m-browse-url. Now, when I do C-c C-d
h I get Hyperspec lookup, and with C-c C-d C-d I get a description. My
roblem is that the hyperspec lookup insists n popping up in the same
window where I invoked it, which conveniently hides whatever I was
working on. I would much prefer if the behaviour was closer to the one
for C-c C-d C-d, where the description pops up in another window, and
an effort is made upon exit to restore the windows to what they were
before. I suspect that writing my own browser function is the right
way to do it, but I am not an elisp wizard, and am not clear on how to
go about it. Any ideas?

(Sorry if this is too off-topic for the list.)

Björn