[slime-devel] in-package at REPL?

Nikodemus Siivola tsiivola at cc.hut.fi
Wed Jul 14 20:57:27 UTC 2004

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004, Peter Seibel wrote:

> I haven't had a chance to look into this myself but on the off chance
> anyone else has seen this: it seems that from time to time when I use
> IN-PACKAGE at the REPL *PACKAGE* doesn't change even though the prompt
> does. Sometimes, however, it does work properly.

Not that, but the prompt and *package* can be desynched by deleting
*package* (SBCL signals an error right after the delete-package, which I
backed out of by aborting the slime request):

 CL-USER> (defpackage :tmp (:use :cl))
 #<PACKAGE "TMP">
 CL-USER> (in-package :tmp)
 #<PACKAGE "TMP">
 TMP> (delete-package :tmp)
 ; Evaluation aborted
 TMP> *package*
 #<PACKAGE "COMMON-LISP-USER">

[ I think this falls into the real of "don't do that, then", unless
  someone is desperately bored or thinks the cause may be linked to
  the issue Peter is seeing. ]

Cheers,

 -- Nikodemus                   "Not as clumsy or random as a C++ or Java.
                             An elegant weapon for a more civilized time."