[slime-devel] SLIME and CMUCL with mk:defsystem

Archisman Rudra archi at cs.nyu.edu
Mon Jul 12 20:45:28 UTC 2004

Hi,
  I have the following problem. I use defsystem to compile and load
systems. When the source file is newer than the compiled file CMUCL
asks whether to compile and load the source file. Somehow SLIME
mis-parses this and the answer to this query is treated as a fresh input.

  I took a brief look at the slime elisp and swank-cmucl sources, but
I do not understand the architecture enough to even attempt a patch...

I haven't tried it with othe lisp implementattions to see if it is an
issue with defsystem or with cmucl...

-- archi

Attached are cut-and pasted buffers :

In SLIME repl buffer:

POLY> (mk:load-system 'mathematics)
;    - Binary file /home/archi/vision/genomics/code/CLisp/newmath/polynomials/polynomials.x86f is old or does not exist.
;      Compile (and load) source file /home/archi/vision/genomics/code/CLisp/newmath/polynomials/polynomials.lisp instead? y
; Evaluation aborted
; Evaluation aborted

; Compilation unit aborted.

POLY>
POLY>

In sldb debugger buffer:

Error in KERNEL::UNBOUND-SYMBOL-ERROR-HANDLER:  the variable Y is unbound.
   [Condition of type UNBOUND-VARIABLE]

Restarts:
  0: [ABORT] Abort handling SLIME request.
  1: [ABORT] Return to Top-Level.

Backtrace:
  0: (EVAL Y)
  1: (SWANK::EVAL-REGION "y