[slime-devel] condition references in *compiler-notes*

Christophe Rhodes csr21 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Jul 9 15:25:27 UTC 2004

Hi,

Attached is a patch implementing compiler note references in the
*compiler-notes* buffer.  I'm sending it here for discussion, not only
because it only works in bleeding-edge sbcl (yes, once again breaking
all released versions...) but because of some of the violence I've
done to slime.el.  I'm aware of the badly-factored nature of the
current patch, and I promise to fix that, but what worries in
particular is the stuff in slime-tree-default-printer: how does it
work, and what am I allowed to do there.  What I have seems to work
currently, but additional newlines (from terpri or (insert "\n"))
cause weird stuff to happen -- I don't really understand why, but the
"  |" things ended up at the bottom, as in
<http://www-jcsu.jesus.cam.ac.uk/~csr21/tree-oops.png">.
Understanding what's going on would probably enable me to make a
cleaner patch...