[slime-devel] slime-symbol-name-at-point for "ERROR: with SYMBOLS."

Luke Gorrie lgorrie at common-lisp.net
Wed Jul 7 11:51:20 UTC 2004

"Pascal J.Bourguignon" <pjb at informatimago.com> writes:

> Here is a version of slime-symbol-name-at-point that's more
> sophisticated than the one using thing-at-point.  If there's a
> dot-double-quote after the symbol at point, then it removes the dot.
>
> The Right Thing would be to match the symbol at point depending on the
> expected symbols (known CLHS / current program symbols), and to try
> several possibilities (to be able to handle case when the symbol-dot
> does not end a string).

Do you know about `C-u M-.'? This way it slurps the symbol into the
minibuffer where you can do small edits (like removing a trailing
#\. character). I find this okay so I'm not very keen on DWIM'ifying.

P.S., please send unidiffs - even in small functions it takes some
eyeballing to see what's changed :-)

-Luke