[slime-devel] Re: SLIME-SPACE not always working?

Luke Gorrie luke at bluetail.com
Wed Jul 7 10:29:42 UTC 2004

Howdy,

Edi Weitz <edi at agharta.de> writes:

> I /think/ this used to work differently some time ago, but I'm not
> sure. For a simple example create a file "foo.lisp" which has nothing
> but the line
>
>   (zerop 42)
>
> in it. Now position point behind the "p" and press the space bar. I
> see no arglist in the mini-buffer.

After pressing space the contents will be "(zero p 42)", right? So I
don't think it should show an arglist, unless there is a function
called zero.

> If I instead press backspace, then "p" and the space bar, I see the
> arglist. Is this expected behaviour?

Do you mean you delete the p with backspace, then put it back, then
press space? Then it should show the arglist.

The intended semantics is that when you press the space bar it shows
you the arglist for the surrounding function call. How does that
relate to your observations and expectations? :-)

I oversimplify a little. If the nearest operator doesn't have an
arglist then it will try other surrounding ones, but this should make
no difference for the example.

-Luke