[slime-devel] Re: lisp restart

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Thu Jul 1 17:59:07 UTC 2004

Andras Simon <andras at renyi.hu> writes:

> I've been meaning to ask about this for some time: why is ,sayoonara so eager
> to remove all traces of lisp activity?

because it's supposed to be a "i'm done with my lisp work so go away"
command. if all you want to do is kill the underlying lisp you have
(swank-backend:quit-lisp).

if you want to just restart the lisp without mesing with the repl
buffers:

(defun slime-restart-lisp-image ()
  (interactive)
  (when (slime-connected-p)
    (dolist (buf (buffer-list))
      (when (or (string= (buffer-name buf) slime-event-buffer-name)
                (string-match "^\\*inferior-lisp*" (buffer-name buf)))
        (kill-buffer buf))))
  (call-interactively 'slime))

how often do people actually do this?

--