[slime-devel] swank-loader

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Wed Jan 21 10:17:25 UTC 2004

"This is the patch that never ends
  It goes on and on my friends
  Some people started singing it
  not knowing what it was
  and they'll continue singing it
  forever just because!
  This is the patch that never ends
  It goes on and on my friends
  ..."

On Mercoledì, gen 21, 2004, at 09:53 Europe/Rome, Marco Baringer wrote:

> (asdf:defsystem :swank
>     :components ((:file "swank-loader"
>                   :in-order-to ((compile-op (load-source-op
> "swank-loader")))))
>     :depends-on (#+SBCL :sb-bsd-sockets))

un fortunetly this has the effect of compiling swank-loader.lisp. the
next time (asdf:oos 'asdf:load-op :swank) is run it will attempt to
load "swank-loader.dfsl" without first loading the source. All of this
is just so that we can do (swank:warn-unimplemented-features). If we
change

(swank:warn-unimplemented-features)

(funcall (intern (string '#:swank-warn-unimplemented-features)
                  (string '#:swank)))

we can go back to the original swank.asd and not worry about this mess
anymore. (although this is all just a work around to a bug in asdf).

--
Marco
Ring the bells that still can ring.