[slime-devel] swank-loader

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Tue Jan 20 21:28:18 UTC 2004

On Martedì, gen 20, 2004, at 21:14 Europe/Rome, Helmut Eller wrote:

> Is it possible to say that asdf shouldn't compile the loader, e.g.,
> with something like (:file "swank-loader.lisp") ?  We shouldn't
> duplicate all the dependencies in the asd file.

i'm not really sure why, but asdf wants to compile before loading even
though it's called load and there already is a compile operation. i'll
ask the asdf gods and see what the reasoning is behind this decision.

in the mean time: yes that is quite possible and is probably easier.
patch forthcoming. but, why is the dependency on :sb-bsd-sockets in the
asdf file and not in the loader file? is it really required or not?

--
Marco
Ring the bells that still can ring.