[slime-devel] definterface/defimplementation

Luke Gorrie luke at bluetail.com
Mon Jan 19 20:46:38 UTC 2004

Ahoy,

I added some sugar on top of defgeneric/defmethod:

  definterface defines the generic function. It keeps track of which
  ones have been defined, so they can be audited. It also can have
  body forms which become a NO-SUCH-METHOD default.

  defimplementation defines the backend method. It updates the list
  of implemented interfaces.

swank-loader finishes by printing a list of all unimplemented
interfaces. (A nod to Peter for suggesting this.)

I updated cmucl/sbcl/lispworks/openmcl. However, I wasn't able to
test OpenMCL because of another incompatibility:

  Read error between positions 12276 and 12727 in /Users/luke/slime/swank-openmcl.lisp.
  > Error in process listener(1): There is no package named "PPC32" .

Possibly because it's running on a 64-bit machine (G5)?

Updating the other backends should just be a matter of selective
search-and-replace from defmethod to defimplementation. However, since
it's the same thing under the hood, it still works without being
updated.

Cheers,
Luke