[slime-devel] issues in recent changes

Alan Ruttenberg alanralanr at comcast.net
Thu Jan 15 22:55:55 UTC 2004

Just trying them out in openmcl.

First thing I run into is that changelog date broke when
*compile-file-pathname* was a logical host.

In changelog date I think you want
  (make-pathname :name "ChangeLog" :directory dir
                                                 :host (pathname-host
*compile-file-pathname*)))

I'm not making changes myself because logical pathnames can be platform
dependent and I don't want to break another platform.

Second: I run (process-run-function "foo" (lambda() (invoke-debugger))
) and this doesn't pop up a sldb window. Upon investigation a problem
seems to be that in slime-debug, there is

(when (open-stream-p (connection.socket-io *main-connection*))
                    (with-a-connection ()
                      (with-io-redirection ((current-connection))
                        (swank-debugger-hook c next)))))))

*dispatching-connection* is nil
with-a-connection checks (current-connection) which succeeds, since
there is *main-connection*
But then with-io-redirection looks at *dispatching-connection* for its
connection.

Don't know if this is due to swank-openmcl not being up to date. Is
someone currently working on swank-openmcl?

-Alan