[slime-devel] Lisp is not ready for requests from the REPL, can it be any other way?

Dirk Gerrits dirk at dirkgerrits.com
Tue Jan 13 21:50:33 UTC 2004

Hi.

I've noticed that when one's program is running, one is still free to
use SLIME. However, attempting to evaluate an expression produces the
message "Lisp is not ready for requests from the REPL". Pretty
understandable, because Lisp can only do one thing at a time. But I was
wondering if it is possible to 'fix' this. Ie I would like to be able to
inspect variables and redefine functions etc. *while the program is
running*. Can SLIME help me do this? Or should I post a question to
comp.lang.lisp?

Thanks in advance,

Dirk Gerrits