[slime-devel] Problem in current version

James A. Crippen james at unlambda.com
Sun Jan 11 07:33:58 UTC 2004

The current CVS version of SLIME is broken with XEmacs with SBCL.
I get the following in the message area when I start SLIME:

itimer "itimer-<1>" signaled: (invalid-argument "Marker does not point anywhere")

And this is displayed in the *slime-repl* buffer:

debugger invoked on a SB-INT:SIMPLE-PROGRAM-ERROR in thread 15191:
  invalid number of arguments: 2
restarts (invokable by number or by possibly-abbreviated name):
  0: [ABORT   ] Reduce debugger level (leaving debugger, returning to
                toplevel).
  1: [TOPLEVEL] Restart at toplevel READ/EVAL/PRINT loop.
("XEP for EVAL-STRING" 2 "(swank:getpid)" NIL 1)[:EXTERNAL]
source:
; file .../projects/lisp/slime/swank.lisp
(DEFSLIMEFUN EVAL-STRING
             (STRING BUFFER-PACKAGE ID)
             (LET ((*PROCESSING-RPC* T)
                   (*DEBUGGER-HOOK* #'SWANK-DEBUGGER-HOOK))
                (LET (OK RESULT)
                  (UNWIND-PROTECT
                      (LET #
                           #
                           #
                           #
                           #)
                    (SYNC-STATE-TO-EMACS)
                    (FORCE-OUTPUT *SLIME-IO*)
                    (SEND-TO-EMACS `#))))
                (WHEN *DEBUGGER-HOOK-PASSBACK*
                  (SETQ *DEBUGGER-HOOK* *DEBUGGER-HOOK-PASSBACK*)
                  (SETQ *DEBUGGER-HOOK-PASSBACK* NIL)))
0]
CL-USER>

However, if I type into the *inferior-lisp* buffer things seem to be
working still in SBCL.

It was working fine a few days ago and I haven't done anything except
update SLIME, so I presume it is due to a recent change.

XEmacs 21.5.16, SBCL 0.8.7.10.

Thanks,
'james

--
James A. Crippen <james at unlambda.com> Lambda Unlimited
61.2204N, -149.8964W                     Recursion 'R' Us