[slime-devel] Re: possible typo in slime.el

Raymond Wiker Raymond.Wiker at fast.no
Thu Jan 8 16:53:21 UTC 2004

 >   Use 'cl' to our heart's content.
 >   Try to minimize use of 'cl' at runtime, ultimately cut it out.
 >   "Stop using 'cl' right now, loading it is already breaking stuff!"

        I think this is a political issue more than anything else...
the GNU Emacs maintainers don't like cl to the extent that they create
warnings for it; the XEmacs folks don't.

        I'm not sure to what extent cl.el modifies emacs-lisp
behaviour; in Common Lisp you would have to use a macro, or wrap the
defun in an eval-when clause :-)