[slime-devel] thread manipulation

Helmut Eller e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Feb 27 19:39:43 UTC 2004

Marco Baringer <mb at bese.it> writes:

> On Venerdì, feb 27, 2004, at 18:14 Europe/Rome, Helmut Eller wrote:
>
> > For multiple listeners we need support for multiple (redirected)
> > streams.  We could add this to the protocol, e.g., by including stream
> > ids in the messages, or we could re-add support for multiple
> > connections.
>
> isn't this only an issue for multi-threaded servers?

Not sure I understand the question.  Currently slime-thread-attach
creates a new connection and implicitly a new control-thread.  So it
is a multi-threaded server.

Perhaps I just don't understand the intention behind
slime-thread-attach.  Isn't the goal to create a new repl buffer where
the output/input of the specific thread gets inserted?